Nigeria Web Hosting Companies
Whenever one decides to create a new website that will speedily serve visitors/users, the next thing that will come to his or her mind is “which best web hosting company should I use?”
The question is what do you consider as the best hosting service?
Secondly, what do you expect from their services?
If a hosting company can give you 80 to 90 percent of what you want, then they are your best. But remember what you may be expecting from a web hosting company may be different from what the other customers want.
In Nigeria, there are so many web hosting companies. Their mode of receiving payment can either be through the e-payment system or Nigerian banks.
Some of them may be affordable and reliable, but it’s not easy to tell which one is best to give you the right service you are looking for.
Hence, I decided to write this blog so that people can share their experiences (good or bad) in order to help others in making decisions on which web hosting company in Nigeria they should go for.
The information shared in this post is intended to help or empower potential customers with the knowledge to make the right choice of web host services.
If there is any other Nigeria web hosting company that is not listed here below please share their details in the comment box.
Many web hosting company has come and gone. But some are still in existence.
Please beware of any web hosting company that doesn’t have SSL installed on their website.
What to expect from a good web hosting company:
- 24/7 customer support: a good hosting company should be available 24/7 to support, guide, and help their user/customer on any issue regarding their services.
- Quick response time: they should create a platform where they can easily respond or attend to customer’s issues/requests. Either by phone or live chat.
- Speed and reliability: their server should be fast and reliable to host numerous websites also load fast when a web service is accessed from it.
- Site uptime of ?.: the webserver should always run efficiently without experiencing a breakdown of service.
- Usability & Simplicity: the interface design should be easy and simple to use (ie user friendly). You don’t need to waste all your time purchasing or setting up your website.
- Willingness to reset or assist if a self-made problem occurred such as from theme and plugin conflict.
- Reasonable price. Their price should be competitive with other service provides.
- Backups: they should have an Automatic backup of all the website files and content.
- SSD hard drive.
- Good support team. Their customer support team should be nice, patient, and also know how to tolerate and deal with different customer requests.
- Friendly server interface.
- SSL certificates includes( using let’s encrypt 4 example)
- The Location should be in your target country
What to check before deciding the best hosting company to go for
- Reviews: take time and go through people’s reviews (both good and bad) on their services. Also bear in mind that some reviews may be fake. So be wise to know the genuine ones.
- The speed of their own website: if their website speed is low definitely their web hosting service will be poor.
- Speak with customer care: Try speaking with their customer care to get a view of how they respond to the client.
- Price: check their website to see the price details and their offer and compare it with another hosting provider.
- Ask someone: If you know of someone try asking his or her opinion on their services.
We highly recommend Bluehost for web design hosting, you may check out their packages and its offer.
If you are looking for a good web hosting company both in Nigeria and outside Nigeria. Get in-torch with us we can help you.
Why you should not go for cheap domains or hosting but go for Quality service
- The hosting services are likely going to be unsatisfied especial when the website start building traffic and having more content.
- A domain or hosting may be offered cheap on the first year of purchase but after that, the hosting company will high-jack the amount.
- Security: the server may not be 100% secured.
- Malware: if it is a shared server it has 90% of been attacked by a virus.
- Speed: the server may take longer to open a web page, as such the speed of the server may affect the SEO of your website
Webs Hosting Plans/Packages
Here are the list of Web Hosting company in Nigeria and there contact details
|Company Name||About the company||Address||Email & Phone number|
|WhoGoHost was founded in 2007 by Opeyemi Awoyemi, then a student of Obafemi Awolowo University, to serve clients of his web design firm innovate NIGERIA who also needed hosting for their websites.|
WhoGoHost was then simply a reseller that provided hosting services to customers, allowing them to pay in local currency
|Plot 3A, Olumuyiwa Street, Off Babington Ashaye Cresent, Omole Phase 1, Lagos, Nigeria.||Email: email@example.com|
|QServers goal is to set a new standard for shared, VPS, and managed dedicated server hosting. The goal was to provide our clients with a superior managed-to-host environment for our clients through customer service, innovative network design, a unique suite of services, and the latest technological advances in server hardware. A managed hosting environment that not only supported our clients at all levels but also provided a true value||Centage Plaza, 5th Floor, 14 Allen Ave, Ikeja Lagos Nigeria||EMAIL: SUPPORT@QSERVERS.NET|
|Smart Web Nigeria Limited|
|Smart Web Nigeria Limited was born in 2004 to give people an easy and affordable way to get their ideas online. These days, having an online presence isn’t just a privilege, it’s a necessity. We believe it’s a basic right. We provide affordable domain registration, web hosting, and cloud services to over 100,000 sites, blogs, and applications, and supports over 20,000 web designers, developers, content creators, small businesses, and entrepreneurs.||ABUJA OFFICE: Plot 1230 Oka Akoko Close, Off Lagos Street Beside Access Bank, Garki 2 Abuja,|
JOS OFFICE: #28/30 Bukuru bye-pass Opp Airtel office By British America Jos, Plateau State
|Utiware’s Web Hosting, Cloud, and Dedicated Servers utilize the most advanced Internet network in the world which allows us to guarantee 99.9% uptime. In addition, we provide secure Inter-switch online payment to ensure that our customers get true real-time domain name registration and instant web hosting and email service activation.||77 Okota Road Okota, Isolo, Lagos, Nigeria|
|Upperlink Limited is an indigenous software development company licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) as a Payment Service Solution Provider (PSSP). We are a CMMI-DEV v1.3 (Staged): Maturity Level 3 appraised organization and we are aggregators with Nigeria Interbank Settlement System (NIBSS).||4 ASSBIFI Road, Central Business District, Alausa, Ikeja. Lagos Nigeria||E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|HostNowNow is an award-winning, established web hosting, domain registration, and server management company that has constantly been a pacesetter in providing affordable innovative solutions targeted at low-income individuals, IT entrepreneurs, SMEs, Public Sector, and Multinationals.||Address: 7, Oyinlola Street, Akowonjo, Lagos, Nigeria||Email: email@example.com|
|Truehost Cloud Nigeria|
|Truehost Cloud Nigeria offers a collection of resources such as drag n drop website builder in addition to free CMS scripts such as WordPress, Opencart, Magento, Drupal, and Joomla to help you go live in seconds. Go live with Truehost Cloud today.||Address: 4 Amodu Tijani Cl, Victoria Island, Lagos Nigeria||Email: INFO@TRUEHOST.COM.NG|
|MainOne is a broadband infrastructure company providing innovative telecom services and network solutions across West Africa. Since its launch in 2010, MainOne has developed a reputation for providing highly reliable services to major telecom operators, ISPs, government agencies, small to large enterprises, and educational institutions in West Africa. MainOne also owns a data center subsidiary, MDXi which builds and operates Tier III data centers across West Africa.||FABAC Centre, 3b Ligali Ayorinde Street, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Syskay Systems was established in the year 2006 with a Vision to further expand the scope of web hosting services in Nigeria. We started with a commitment to provide effective web hosting services to individuals as well as small and mid-sized companies in Nigeria. We believe that creating a successful web presence should be easy and affordable. Our pledge is to provide you the best quality, most fully-featured services at reasonable prices. Our company aims at providing top-notch and professional services in the following fields of activity: web hosting, domain registration, and quality customer support.||Ikota Shopping Complex, VGC, Ajah-Lekki, Lagos|
|Host Link Global Services Ltd|
|We offer website hosting, domain name registration, website design, and software development assistance. We view clients as partners, and our success is only measured by the success of our partners.||Head Office: Host Link Global Services Ltd: 70 Adelabu Street By Nise Bus Stop Uwani, Enugu State.|
Branch Office: Plot 83/95 Ago Palace Way Okota, Lagos.
|Perfect Visual Host|
|Perfect Visual Host is a reliable web hosting company in Nigeria equipped with the latest Web hosting technologies and tools that can move you ahead of competitors, no matter the type of website you want to host||D O7 Century mall, St Patrick’s junction, Ojo Alaba international, Lagos Nigeria.|
|Nigerian web hosts||Nigerian web hosts specialize in customer satisfaction. Our prices are incredibly competitive and include an extensive list of features including unlimited transfers and the ability to host unlimited domains||Plot 1400 Tiamiyu Savage Street, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria||Email: email@example.com|
|Clue WebHost||Clue WebHost Formally started operations after over a year of test-running in August 2010. We started as an answer to the various issues we encountered while Hosting Client Sites with the typical Nigerian WebHost which include; Poor Customer Service, Sub-Standard Infrastructure, Un-reliable service due to Over-Selling and Over Crowded Servers, Incompetence (as a result of getting rich quick practitioners running web hosts, Poor Information Dissemination and General Dishonesty and lack of Professionalism.||64 Mbonu Street, Old Gra, City: Port Harcourt Rivers State||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Garanntor||Garanntor is a privately owned company hosting an infrastructure-as-a-service company. Since our founding in 2016, Garanntor has continually innovated new ways to deliver on our mission: Making it Easy So You Can Focus on Growing Your Business. Based in Lagos, Nigeria.||Office Address: #4 Methodist Church Street, Opebi, Lagos. Nigeria.||Email: email@example.com Tel: +234 700 222 2222 Tel: +234 906 092 0092|
|GigaLaye||At GigaLayer, we believe the future is in Africa and the worldwide web. That is why we are relentlessly crafting platforms for web hosting, domain names & everything in-between. We are continuously making it easier for businesses in Africa and around the world to expand their reach using our tools and services that are specifically and carefully designed for achieving online success.||HQ 378, Herbert Macaulay Way, Yaba, Lagos, Nigeria||+234-80-255-940-18|
If you have engaged with any of these companies mentioned above, please share your experience (good or bad) in the comment box below. Thanks.
You may want your website to be designed for you.
Web design, Content writer & SEO , Real Estate Consultant/Realtor