Are you looking forward to designing or redesigning your business website? Do you want to know the cost of the design?
In this post, I have written the expected cost of designing a business website in Nigeria, either from the services of an agency/company or an individual (freelancer).
Web design in Nigeria and it cost doesn’t have a fixed price rather it has a predictable price.
The price is determined by some factors or elements
Factors that determine the cost of designing a business website in Nigeria 2021
- The number of pages/posts.
- The cost of the domain and the hosting server
- The web materials such as images, videos, graphics design & content write-up.
- The SSL Certificate.
- The designer involves and its service charge (that is if the service is going to be given to an agency/company or an individual).
The number of pages/post
A small business website that has 1 to 20 pages and blog posts are going to be cheaper to compare a large cooperate business website that has 50 to 1000 pages and blog posts.
Reason is that, a site of 20 pages will require less work, fewer written contents & images, and lesser server.
But a website with up to 1000 pages & blog posts will require more work, more written content, images, videos, also higher hosting server.
The cost of the domain and the hosting server
Before a good and experienced web designer gives you a quote for the price, it is expected of him or her to first verify your domain name availability, its cost, as well as the server cost.
A domain name is the name of your website example; google.com or facebook.com while the hosting server is the server that is displaying your website in other to be viewed anywhere in the world.
So the cost of these two things is essential to determine first, before given a price quote to a client.
You may want to know the estimated price of the domain and hosting server
The price of registering a new domain name ranges from ₦4,500 to ₦7,000 for a year depending on the company you purchase from.
While that of hosting server ranges from ₦17,000 to ₦50,000 for a year also depending on the plan and the company you purchase from too.
We know that adding the total cost of designing a website may be relatively high for some persons that is why we highly recommend BlueHost for hosting services because they have good services and also they give free domain names and SSL for the first year of subscribing.
Web materials such as images, videos, graphics design & content write-up.
Every website require good optimized looking images and well written original content.
It is expected that the client should provide these things to the designer.
In a situation whereby the designer is providing these materials the cost of doing the work will be higher to compare a situation where the client is the one providing them.
That is why, when you meet any experienced designer he or she will ask you if you are going to provide those materials by yourself.
The SSL certificate
SSL certificate is what adds “HTTPS” to your domain name example, https://google.com or https://facebook.com.
This is important because it helps to secure users’ credentials on your website, especially if you are using any online payment method.
Also Google algorithm have stated that it is one of their requirement, in other to display website to user.
Although that doesn’t mean that without SSL your website will not function.
But in other to have a professional-looking business website is good to have it on your site so that some browsers will not mess-up your website when a user tries to view it.
Designers and their service Charge
Before given out your website to be designed, you should first decide who you would want to give out the job to. That is, is it an individual or an agency/company.
The decision should be derived from the type of work and value you intend to get from the designer.
When you engage an experienced agency or company to design your website the cost of designing is relatively high to compare when you involve an experienced individual or freelance to do the work.
Also, the cost given by an individual who doesn’t have experienced but wants to do it to showcase his or her portfolio will definitely be cheaper.
The reason is obvious, a company will charge based on their standard and tools they are using to implement the work such as Elementor pro, while a freelancer or individual may not have a price list but can decide to do it using some free tools based on lack of funds and relationship level.
Web design price list for a business website in Nigeria including the domain & server cost
|Business type||Number of pages||Material provider||Designer||Price estimate|
|Small business website (or landing page)||1 to 20 pages & blog post||Images, videos and content provide by the client||Freelancer (individual)||₦30,000 to ₦60,000|
|Images, videos and the content provide by client||Agency or company||₦50,000 to ₦100,000|
|Medium business website||30 to 100 pages and blog post||Images, video and the content provide by client||Freelancer (individual)||₦50,000 to ₦80,000|
|Images and the content provide by client||Agency or company||₦70,000 to ₦150,000|
|Large cooperate business website||100 to 1000 pages and blog post||Images and the content provide by client||Freelancer (individual)||₦90,000 to ₦150,000|
|Images and the content provide by client||Agency or Company||₦120,000 to ₦300,000|
Note: the domain, the SSL, and the hosting server are renewal-able yearly. This means you will need to renew the website after one year in other to keep it functioning. Although there are options of choosing more years for renewal.
Also in the above price list, the images and the written content to be used are meant to be provided by the client, because is expected that the client should give the designer the things he or she will want to be displayed on the site.
But then, in a situation where the client doesn’t have and would want the designer to provide those things by themselves, extra charges would be determined by the designer based on the nature of the job.
Conclusion, From the table, the expected cost of designing a business website in Nigeria are as follows
A small business website (or landing page) will cost between ₦30,000 to ₦100,000 including the SSL certificate, domain, and the hosting server depending on the designer involve.
A medium business website will cost between ₦50,000 to ₦150,000 000 including the SSL certificate, domain, and the hosting server subject to the designer involved.
A large cooperate business website will cost between ₦90,000 to ₦300,000 including the SSL certificate, domain, and hosting server depending on the designer involved.
If you are looking forward to getting your business website designed or redesigned by a competent, experienced and reliable company connect with us let’s get started we promise to deliver a professional and convincing design.
Question & the things you should check before given out your business website to be designed
- Asked for the prove of works they have done in the past: this is to be sure you are given your website to experienced personnel that knows what they are doing also to make sure your money will bring value to you.
- Check if the website they shown to you is displaying well both on desktop computers and on the mobile phone.
- Also, check if the website is opening or loading very fast or is it taking some time to load.
- Check if you like the design and the work they did for other clients.
- Ask if they will implement SEO (Search Engine Optimization) while designing the site. This will help the website to be found by Google, in return bring visitors, sales, and traffic to your site
At the end of the day, if you are pleased with the proof of work shown to you, you can then go ahead to give out the job to them.
Advantage of choosing an Agency or Company over a freelancer (individual) to design your business site
- An agency or company goes the extra mile or step to deliver client requests at a specific period of time, unlike some freelancers.
- They audit your competitor’s website, use paid tools such as theme, plugins, and SEO tools in other to achieve a good result.
- You are likely going to get a better-secured website when you engage a company to do the design.
- You will get value for your money because many experienced designers are putting heads together to arrive at a better design before launching.
- The money you paid is secured because you can always reach out to the company, unlike some freelancers that will disappear with your money you will never reach them again.
Advantage of having a good business website
- A good-looking and Google-friendly business website helps to speak highly of your business especially to unknown visitors.
- It helps to generate more clients and sales online without much effort.
- A well-optimized business website helps to display your products and services in a professional and classic manner thereby bringing better profit to your business.
- It also helps to build your brand all over the world.
- By having your domain and server, you can create your company custom emails for business purposes and many more.
Why you should have an Optimized and Google-friendly business website
- For an easy and better user experience
- For more sales.
- For brand awareness
- For business representatives and information storage.
You may want to check out a good laptop to buy for your web site project
FAQ on Website design
What is the cost of designing a small business website in Nigeria?
A small business website (or landing page) will cost between ₦30,000 to ₦100,000 including the SSL certificate, domain and the hosting server subject to the designer involve
What is the cost of designing a big organizational website in Nigeria?
A large cooperate business website will cost between₦90,000 to ₦300,000 including the SSL certificate, domain and the hosting server depending on the designer involve
Is it necessary to back-up your website with a plugin or its better to let the host handle the updates?
You should never rely on either of them. If you are using hosting accounts with c-panel, it is really easy to backup and download the complete c-panel account. Then store your backups locally and on some sort of cloud service as well. For other hosting solutions, there are similar options.
Shopify vs Woo-commerce which one is better for SEO?
They are both great, they have tons of integrations but for SEO and content reasons, i recommend WordPress although Shopify has a fine blogging system.
But, editing unused scripts out of Shopify is harder than Woo-commerce. Overall, WordPress is much easy, readable, modifiable, flexible, and can suit specific needs easier. But extensions and plugins can be expensive.
Any good plugin out there that can convert an e-commerce website to an android and iOS app?
Try using WPMobile.App it worked fine or try the woocer app www.woocer.com is free
What is the right thing to do if your website is not mobile-friendly? Change the CMS? Change the Html code?
You will need to pick the right CMS like WordPress through which you can easily build a mobile-friendly and responsive website