Science Communicator ( at CACTUS)
Cactus Communications (www.cactusglobal.com ) is a leading provider of communication solutions, including academic and scientific editing, medical communications, publication support services, English language workshops, transcription, and translation. Our company mission is to enable growth through effective communication.
Editage (www.editage.com ), a division of Cactus Communications is a consumer-technology business that helps researchers, scientists and doctors overcome barriers of the English language in getting their cutting-edge research published globally. Having worked with over 250,000 scientists globally, supporting almost a million papers, Editage is now working with societies, publishers and universities to help bring the world’s best and most important research to public around the world, thinking beyond the traditional article that has served research publishing for over 2 centuries.
This is an exciting new role at Editage, a top science communication agency working with universities, publishers, and researchers globally. Research Communication is a fast-growing portfolio of solutions that helps establish wider impact of scientific research through non-traditional content formats.
What does the job entail?
- Being able to break down scientific content into engaging material in visual, oral, audio-visual, and other web and print formats. This includes press notes, infographic story boards, and video scripts.
- Creating project plans based on customer brief and driving execution of the same.
- Communicating effectively with resources across functions with the objective of delivering projects against set timelines.
- Native Korean language skills; Good English language skills
- Must either hold or be pursuing a degree in science communication, scientific journalism, science media production, public engagement, or similar programs, with professional experience highly preferred, OR must have previous experience in any of a wide range of professional science communication careers with media and science organizations, including creative agencies working in spaces adjacent to science media, such as healthcare communications.
- Must have excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills (written and verbal), and be flexible.
- The skill to visualize
- Must be super enthusiastic about making a difference to how science is communicated!