Job vacancy: Data Analyst Assistant 20-25 hrs/week
Please Note: This job is being posted on behalf of Roofsimple (https://www.roofsimple.com/) by Profit Factory (https://www.profitfactory.com/). Profit Factory is a company which works with entrepreneurs to match them to assistants.
Roofsimple provides roofing and exterior remodeling services. We pride ourselves on creating relationships within the community and offering high quality service.
We’re looking for a detail oriented, numbers crunching, data guru with experience in job costing, and payment and invoice processing. You will be responsible for keeping our jobs costing updated daily so that our entrepreneur can see the numbers in real time and manage his team properly. You will be interpreting data, analyzing results and using statistical techniques to provide timely weekly reports to our management team. You must be a no-nonsense, disciplined, punctual, OCD type of individual who LOVES numbers and data!
Our position will be a good fit for you if you possess the following qualities/experience:
- is an Excel or Google Sheets guru!
- strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze and compile data
- strategic thinker with great attention to detail and accuracy!
- has a passion for spreadsheets, data collection, organization and reporting
- able to work simultaneously on multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- have an ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- be self-motivated, proactive and conscience
- has a can-do attitude who looks for solutions and ways to improve a process
- bookkeeping/accounting background is very helpful!
- construction industry background is a plus
- This is a 1099 contractor position. Will consider W2 in certain states if required.
- You must have at least three years experience with job cost accounting, data analyst or in a related field.
- The position will be approximately 20-25 hrs per week and could grow to more hours with the right person and as the need arises.
- Flexible hours between 8:00 am – 5:00 pm EST.
- Periodic check-ins throughout the day and during off-hours may be needed at times.
- The starting pay rate for this position is $25/hr.
- We’re looking for someone to become a long-term (3+ years) team member.
You’ll need experience with the following tools:
- Highly proficient with Spreadsheets & Formulas (Excel or Google)
- Google Apps
Helpful but not required:
How to Apply:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (please do not contact Roofsimple directly. Doing so will disqualify you from the position. Thank you.)
In the subject line, please write, “Hi, I’m (your full name) from (insert your city & state) and I’m interested in the Roofsimple Data Analysis Assistant position”
In the body of the message, please write me a 15 sentence email including:
- Two sentence opening salutation that says: “Hi there! I’m (your name) from (city, state).”
- Paragraph #1: Reason(s) why you think this job is a good fit for you and about your experience in job cost accounting, data analyst or in a related field. (include the number of years of experience) (black font, Verdana, 3 sentences)
- Paragraph #2: Describe a time in your job where attention to detail proved to be vital. What is your process for ensuring that all your work is done correctly? (red font, Verdana, 3 sentences)
- Paragraph #3: Rate your proficiency from a scale of 0-10 (with 10 being the highest) in Spreadsheets (Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets), Quickbooks, and Google Suite. What kind of data analysis software experience do you possess and how have you used this software to track data and cost analysis? (blue font, Verdana, 3 sentences)
- Paragraph #4: If you are/are not currently working (if you are working please specify if you are planning to leave your position for this one), your availability throughout the day from M-F 8:00 am – 5:00 pm EST time, and where you see yourself in three years. (black font, Verdana, 3 sentences)
One sentence closing providing the following:
- a closing salutation including your name, email address, phone number, and LinkedIn profile (if you have one).
Be sure to attach a resume. Thanks!