Customer Service Agent (at LiveWorld)
Careers & Culture
At LiveWorld, we’re a collection of technology trailblazers, marketing pioneers, and industry disruptors. We’re known for being passionate about connecting people and brands through social media and not being afraid to share our opinions. We’re looking for driven, world-class professionals who will fit into our work-hard, play-hard company culture. And what we’re not looking for is status quo.
LiveWorld employees enjoy generous benefits including:
- Attractive health insurance benefits (medical, dental & vision)
- Generous time-off and vacation
- Flexible hours
- 401(k) and stock options
- Online colleague community
- Passionate employees who love working in the burgeoning social media field
Military Veteran Support Program
You seek the honor of service—protecting America and helping make the world a safer place. Our employment initiative is to hire, train and support our returning veterans. We encourage our Veterans to apply for employment opportunities here at LiveWorld!
A LiveWorld customer service agent is a virtual, part-time, work-from-home position. Our hourly agents perform tasks including social customer service, engagement for marketing purposes, and protecting a brand’s image by supporting a good experience for a brand’s customers in their online venues.
LiveWorld provides services in dozens of languages and defines fluency as complete competency in reading, writing, and speaking at a native or near-native level. Language needs are dependent upon client needs. Language fluency testing and writing samples are a requirement for all our hourly positions. All applicants must be fluent in English.
Primary responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Responsibilities include reviewing, taking action on (rejecting or approving), tracking, and/or escalating social media users’ posts according to brand guidelines
- Responding to user content in a social context and initiating or conversation
- Triage and responding to customers’ questions (with pre-determined or authored responses)
- Identifying and escalating trends, topics, sentiment, and emerging issues
Required skills and traits
- Excellent writing and communication skills, including grammar, punctuation, spelling, and ability to compose well-spoken messages in a real-time, multi-tasking environment (Please note: This is not a telephone position; writing skills are critical.)
- Language fluency testing and writing samples are a requirement for all hourly positions in any language. All applicants must be fluent in English.
- Demonstrated ability to empathize with people, make decisions according to guidelines, and communicate company policies in informal courteous conversational style
- Must demonstrate the ability to make quick and correct decisions under pressure. Critical thinking is key in this fast pace work environment
- Ability to focus on the task at hand with minimal external distraction, including working in a quiet atmosphere (This is not a role that can be done from a coffee shop or with toddlers underfoot.)
- Ability to work for a block of several hours at a time
- Punctuality and adherence to attendance policies, which are strictly enforced
- Ability to regularly or occasionally work evenings, nights, weekends, holidays
- Dependable, high-speed Internet access
- Dependable telephone access (landline preferred for training)
- Experienced computer user with knowledge of chat, email, and instant messaging programs
- Familiarity with and access to spreadsheet and document software
- Familiarity with social media sites on a personal or professional level
- Strong typing skills
- Previous moderation experiences a plus, but not required
- Healthcare background a plus
- Must be 18 or older
- This is a work-at-home position; you must be able to work at home with the self-discipline needed to be effective
Recommended education and experience
- 2-3 years experience in online moderation or customer service
- One-year experience working in a Call Center environment
- Experience using Salesforce and Social Cloud
- Must be 18 or older
- College Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Demonstrated personal or professional success engaging in a social channel
HOW TO APPLY
- Qualified applicants should complete the LiveWorld Moderation Personnel Application.
- Please complete the LiveWorld Moderation Personnel Application for US Residents.