Freelance Peer Review and Journal Experts (at Enago)
PUBLICATION SUPPORT BUSINESS UNIT:
PS provides the following core services to the clients.
- Journal Selection Assistance
- Pre-submission Peer Review
- Artwork Editing
- Manuscript Submission Assistance
Our service packages deal with stepwise guidance and support to the authors, from journal selection to manuscript publication.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF JOURNAL SELECTION ASSISTANCE (JSA) EXPERT:
This service aims to help the author present his research in the best suited journal and convey it to the right target audience. As a JSA Expert, you’d be required to review the manuscript and suggest appropriate journals using some guided factors:
- Analyze the manuscript vis-à-vis journals, in the desired research field and recommend best suited journals to publish the author’s manuscript.
- Provide suggestions and/or developmental areas in the manuscript that would contribute towards preparation of a Quality manuscript by the author for journal submission.
- Provide a critical analysis of suitability of the manuscript with the journal’s scope and aim based on parameters such as:
- Scope of research area of manuscript vis-à-vis that of the journal
- Compatibility of manuscript attributes (structure, length, word count, manuscript type etc.) with journal guidelines.
- Future research areas mentioned by author, which would contribute towards higher-end research activities for other researchers/journal audience.
- Deliver a high quality JSA report best suited for the author requirements like impact factor range, target audience, etc.
- Ensure that the quality of language used in the report is scientific, understandable, and considerate.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF A PEER REVIEWER:
The most important goal of this service is to improve an article’s chance of being published in a particular journal through critical analysis of the manuscript covering various parameters like structure, content, study design, significance and novelty of the study, in addition to journal compatibility, language, fluency, etc.
- Provide a detailed review of each section of manuscript based on the journal guidelines.
- Highlight the current status of manuscript and recommend key improvement areas
- Provide useful actionable comments on how to enhance the quality of manuscript. These comments should address the following:
- Originality of research
- Significance to field
- Soundness of study design
- Ethical soundness
- Sufficiency of data analysis
- Clarity, Organization and structure
- Adequacy of literature review
- Evidence supported conclusions
- Critically analyze and provide suggestions for manuscript compatibility with the following three areas:
- Journal scope
- Journal coverage
- Journal quality
- Ensure that the volume of data provided in the manuscript is adequate to support research objectives and further enhance the chances of the manuscript for publication. Check whether the experiments conducted are discussed adequately in “Results” and “Discussion” sections.
- Provide constructive criticism for the format and language of the manuscript that is respectful of our peers in the community.
We are looking for JSA/PR experts in the following subject areas:
- Medical and Clinical Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Physical Sciences and Engineering
- Economics and Business Management
- Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences