Freelance Medical Writer – Medical Information Practice (at CACTUS)
Who we are:
CACTUS provides scientific writing services to the Top 10 global pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device companies. The team comprises writers with advanced degrees in medicine or the life sciences.
CACTUS is recognized for its expertise in providing publications and medcom services to global client teams from the US, UK, Germany, and Japan, among other geographies. CACTUS acts as a trusted advisor and works as an extension of its client teams by not only delivering high-quality work consistently but also providing strategic guidance for their medical communications needs.
CACTUS was placed 1st among mid-sized Indian companies in the 2017 Great Places to Work survey: http://bit.ly/2uiJmUv
We were recently ranked #18 in the top 25 Best Small & Medium Workplaces in Asia – 2018, a study conducted by Great Place to Work® Institute
CACTUS was also ranked 1st as Best Organization for Women Empowerment / Women Talent Development in 2019
As a Freelance Medical Writer in the Medical Information practice, you will develop comprehensive yet concise responses to physicians’ and healthcare providers’ questions related to disease states, new therapies, as well as mature products, which will help them in their clinical practice.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- You will use scientific expertise to develop high-quality, publication-ready scientific documents (manuscripts, posters, abstracts, slide kits, short communications, etc.) according to client needs .
- You will create standard medical responses or medical information letters for healthcare providers globally.
- You will act as a document specialist, provide intellectual input across document types, and contribute to making cutting-edge research accessible to specific audiences as appropriate, by maintaining current awareness of developments across therapeutic areas or disciplines.
- You will write about cutting-edge treatments from the top global pharmaceutical companies
- You will liaise with internalstakeholders, on critical therapeutic area issue
You fit the bill if you have:
- A Master’s degree with significant medical information experience
- Atleast 3+ years of experience in Medical information/communication standard response letters
- Clear, concise, scientific style of writing, with a high level of attention to detail and superior English-language skills
- Prior experience in literature reviewing and evaluation capabilities
- Ability to multi-task and work under tight timelines